New Patient Information
Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a confirmation email. In that email, you will see a button that says: “Manage my Appointment”. Please click on that button and you will be taken to a HIPAA compliant-webpage which will allow you to complete a detailed health-history and sign forms.
For all patients on the day of your appointment:
Eating a snack or a light meal at least one hour prior to your appointment can be helpful. Acupuncture is best received when not overly full or overly hungry. Many treatments can be done while wearing comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. Wear a short-sleeved blouse or shirt, or one with sleeves that can be rolled-up above the elbows. Wear slacks or pants that can be rolled up above the knees (or bring shorts to change into). Gowns and sheets are also available if needed.
How long will it take to get better?
The number of treatments needed to resolve an issue depends on several factors, including:
- Acute vs chronic conditions; Acute conditions usually require fewer treatments than chronic conditions which you have had for months, years or decades.
- The age and health of the patient; Children typically respond quicker than adults. A person with fewer health issues usually responds faster than one with many health issues.
- Lifestyle activities, including diet, exercise regimen and changes in your daily routines.
- Overall, over the course of treatment (which can be weeks to months) you will usually see a general trend in improvement, but on a day-to-day-basis your symptoms may vary between appointments. This is normal, as your body is a living system, subject to many variables of daily life, and the improvement is rarely ever a straight-line. But as long as the general trend is improving, do not worry too much if the problem flares up between appointments.
To visit the office:
34121 N. US Highway 45, Unit 218
Grayslake, IL 60030
Google Map Directions
After parking, enter the lobby at the center of the building.The clinic is in the Graystone Manor building, on the east side of Rt45 between Washington Street & Gages Lake Rd (County A24).
(If you are coming from the north, make a U-turn on Route 45 at Gages Lake Rd and head back north on R45 before turning into the parking lot.)
- The office is on the 2nd floor, accessible by stairs or elevator.
- At the top of the stairs, go straight down the hallway to the office (#218) on your right.